After staring in January, we hit 1,000 of them sold this past Thursday! I am very excited it you can't tell. No oversized check or ceremonies or anything like that. We just mailed them a check, and it should be in hand doing some good very soon.
So I wanted to personally thank all of you whether you bought one or you just said "hey, I like what you guys are doing with that".
Let's Raise $5,000
So what do we do now? Keep it going? See how much we can raise for 2011? I think so. I think we can raise $5,000 if we start now as we will have all of basketball season vs. half way through this past year.
What do you think? Can you help continue our fundraising efforts for breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs? We can not do it without your help.
Buy a pink whistle here (pink lanyards, now available, too) and/or share this article with a friend or group by email, Facebook, Twitter or whatever. Let's raise $5,000 by December 31st, 2011!
More Info on Breast Cancer
I am re-printing our breast cancer info and to dos below that we shared when we launched the campaign.
Some Quick Facts
- Fewer than one in five eligible women get the lifesaving breast cancer screening and treatment they need.
- Breast cancer is the second-most common cancer among women in the United States.
- With mammography, it can be found early when the chances of surviving it are high.
- If you are 40 or older, be sure to get a yearly mammogram.
- Help reduce your risk of having breast cancer with regular physical activity, maintaining a healthy weight, and limiting the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Encourage all the important women 40 and over in your life to get yearly mammograms.
- Send a link of this article to the women you care about and make a big difference off the court or field.
Sign Yourself or Others Up for Yearly Mammogram Reminders
Susan G. Komen Foundation
National Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation
Women's Basketball Coaches' Association Pink Zone