- The Platinum and Gold chest protectors will undergo minor cosmetic logo-related changes. This includes adding back the "WV" (West Vest) logo, that was on these several years ago, underneath the Wilson "W" and MLB logos. So yes, if you currently own a Wilson Platinum or Gold you'll need to upgrade to the 2010 model only if you want 3 logos instead of 2.
The "W" logo also moves up on the Platinum for more prominent placement on the sternum or neck padding that is specific to the Platinum... again, all minor.
- The Shock FX umpire helmet cage is being changed to provide added durability to the shell and shock absorbers. I wanted to use the word "re-shaped" or "tweaked" but it's more than tweaked and less than re-shaped. Will share more when I receive new pics.
- There will be an offering of all-black full grain leather replacement padding option in wrap-around style. I know many of you have been asking for that. Your next question will be what the price will be, and the answer is it will likely be the same price as the A3815 deerksin pads.
- Shock FX umpire helmet replacement padding for forehead and chin padding will be offered. The helmet's been out for a while, so the time is ripe to have those available.
- Wilson will no longer being offering the Davis gear umpire chest protector and shin guards that we have sold for years, and instead will offer the newer Davishield and Davishins. We currently do not have plans to sell these items, and I'll share more info as to why in a separate post should that continue to be the case.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I plan to meet with Wilson in Chicago at the end of the month and will have more to report at that time, but for now here are some additions and changes to Wilson's Umpire Gear lineup for 2010 to keep you as informed as I can.
Posted by Ump-Attire.com at 9:52 AM